Register in another scope of practice

You can use our online services to register in another scope of practice

If you are already registered with the Dental Council, and want to register in another scope of practice various registration pathways are available, depending on your qualification. For example, you may wish to register as a clinical dental technician after completing your postgraduate qualification.

Follow the links below for information about starting your application to register in another scope:

If you are not sure which registration pathway to follow, use the registration self-assessment questionnaire to guide you on a possible registration pathway, based on your qualification.

You must not practise outside your scope of practice

Obtaining the qualification in itself does not allow you to perform those activities.  You must first be registered in the relevant scope of practice, and have an annual practising certificate before you can practise.