The public are safe, healthy and empowered to participate in their health care.
Our regulatory role and purpose
To protect public health and safety by ensuring oral health professionals are safe, competent and fit to practise.
Our strategic objective
Safe oral health care, including culturally safe care for Aotearoa New Zealand.
To achieve this primary objective, our strategic plan includes three strategic initiatives to:
- improve health equity and cultural safety
- prevent and respond to harm
- strengthen regulatory intelligence.
Through these initiatives, we will work towards achieving the following long-term strategic outcomes:
- Māori, patients, practitioners, public and government have trust and confidence in the Council
- patients, whānau, hapū and iwi receive culturally safe oral health care
- oral health care enables the public and whānau to improve their wellbeing outcomes
- regulated parties encourage professional improvement
- the Council is a credible regulator.
The Council's Strategic Plan 2022 - 2032 sets out the Council's strategic direction for this period.
Strategic plan 2022-2032
Strategic Plan 2022 -2032 overview